Having a piñata at your party is a great way to provide decoration and entertainment all in one. There’s no need to go out and buy a pinata for your next party, though. With these simple steps you can build your own, and you might find that making pinatas can be just as fun as breaking them!
Different colored tissue paper
Hot glue gun
1. Assemble your cardboard template using hot glue, and once together, seal the sides using tape.
2. Cut your tissue paper into strands about 2 inches thick, then fold your strands in half and use your scissors to create slits at the bottom. Continue to do this for each tissue color.
3. Taking one tissue strand at a time, apply a line of glue to your cardboard pinata and begin to wrap the tissue around.
4. Repeat step 3 alternating with different tissue colors and working your way up the pinata until it is covered from top to bottom.
5. Apply the eyes to your pinata using a hot glue gun.
6. Fill your pinata with candy and let the fun begin!